With effect from June 1st, 2021 AVB will resume a normal service and is available to take you to your medical appointment. Our office is closed but volunteers will deal with messages left on the answerphone or via emails, and we aim to respond to you by the next working day.
So, if you require transport then ring the usual number 01344 625520 and leave a message or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please provide your name and the time, date and place of your appointment, along with your phone number. We ask that you seek transport only within two weeks of the date of your appointment.
The AVB Committee has decided the following guidelines and best practice should apply, to ensure the health, welfare and safety of both client and driver. By seeking to use the service you will be agreeing to comply with these;
1. The journey is undertaken at the driver’s and the client’s own risk. The requirement to self-isolate remains should either the driver or the client subsequently test positive.
2. The driver and client should wear a face mask correctly and the client should travel in the rear of the vehicle. Please consider if a window should be open.
3. No physical assistance can be offered to the client by the driver.
4. The driver will not accompany the client into any medical facility.
5. Drivers will sanitise their vehicle on return home.
6. Clients MUST cancel the booking immediately with AVB by email or telephone if they subsequently develop any symptoms of the virus, and MUST also inform AVB if they test positive within two weeks of using the service.
For local journeys the fee will be £5 and for journeys outside the local area a charge will be applied at 0.50p per mile .